Zona

Zona

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Training For #RNRSD


 

Next week the whole TeamMcGuck crew will be headed to San Diego. My wife (Mandy), son (Deion) and I will be running the  Rock N Roll San Diego Half Marathon. I normally train and race for months but since moving to Arizona I have been very sick and still recovering from an injury I sustained while running a 50K. So I maybe have a good 3 weeks of solid training leading into the race. This both excites me and scares me a bit as I will be pacing my son (Deion) as he attempts a 1:45:00. This is his second Half Marathon since him and I did the Philadelphia Half in November. 
                   
                 
Deion ran a 1:50:49 at age 11& keeps getting FASTER!

So last week I ran with my wife Mandy at a #MRTT & #RunEatTweetAZ event. It was supposed to be an easy 10 miles but I decided to see what pace I could hold. Around mile 10 I was on pace to run a 1:50:00 Half so I just kept going. I ended up running a 1:51:10 but I let off at the end as it wasn't a race. So I feel semi confident that iI could pace him to his goal if everything goes right. Yet a tempo run this past Wednesday did not net good results as I struggled to maintain a 7:30 pace for 4 miles. But I seem to have a way of showing up on race day and being able to lay it down.

  So I guess we will have to wait and see if my short block of training will get me to the line with Deion. Though if we were in Vegas and I was a betting man I would put my money on Deion crossing first.

No comments:

Post a Comment